New tune Amy's Song unites Craig Fuller and Vince Gill

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

New tune Amy's Song unites Craig Fuller and Vince Gill

Postby Tom » Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:58 am

Hey prairiedogs,

A Nashville artist named Brent Anderson is starting to make some waves in country music, recently making his Opry debut. He released a single called Amy's Song which is charting and doing well for him

He wrote the tune about a girl named Amy and , knowing the PPL tune, wisely sampled it in his song. He said while working in the studio his producer made a remark about getting Craig Fuller in to do background vocals. Brent said sure, but thought he was joking.

“When Brent played me ‘Amy’s Song,’ I was just blown away with how it’s a unique new song but it incorporated an old classic,” says producer Frank Rogers. “And we thought, man it would be cool if we got the guy who sang the original to sing on this thing. So, we called Craig Fuller and he was all excited about it and Craig was replaced in Pure Prairie League by Vince Gill, so I called up Vince and he said ‘Craig Fuller – Absolutely!’ so they came over to the house and sang on the song together and it was the first time the two of them had ever sung together, which was really, really a neat experience.”

Using the immortal PPL classic certainly was a smart move and it's already getting nice reviews. It looks like Anderson may have a future since apparently the 23 year old knows what to listen to for an influence. He's off to a good start with a PPL assist.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Re: New tune Amy's Song unites Craig Fuller and Vince Gill

Postby Doug » Sat Dec 31, 2011 3:31 am

Awesome! Just posted the song on my fb page. I only wish they had bumped up the volume (to 11! lol) half a notch on the background vocals. Now whom may I ask will be the "Special guests" at the Newport KY show? My fave George Ed Powell had better be there! It ain't the same without G Ed crooning "Country Song"! Or maybe I'm just getting spoiled. NAHHHHH! Hey Mike, bring on all our old friends that used to play with the band! It just keeps getting better...
Doug

Postby hiro » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks Tom for introducing great tune and story.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XgalN-s08m0
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Voiceman » Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm

Nice song. Well done by this up and coming youngster. How many 23 year olds have Craig and Vinny singing on their recordings? How bout 1.
Voiceman

Return to Pure Prairie League