Randy Allen

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Randy Allen

Postby JR » Thu Sep 08, 2011 9:58 am

Friends,

This past Tuesday we lost yet another member of the PPL family, Randy Allen. Randy was on the crew as Equipment Manager and Stage Manager for a number of years in the 1970's along with Herb Ault, Jim McKell, myself and others. He loved the band and loved the work he did so very well. I spent many long hours in Ryder trucks, airplanes and tour buses with Randy and grew to love him like a brother. He will be sorely missed for his smile, ever positive attitude, and incredible work ethic. My love and condolences go out to his wife Pam and his great kids.
JR

Re: Randy Allen

Postby Tom » Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:08 am

Hi Jeff,

I'm very sorry to hear of the loss of a close friend. No doubt you and Randy have some incredibly fond memories, not to mention stories of the good old days.

Randy was mentioned on here some time ago by another old friend of yours , Doug Ortman, aka Gator, who Randy is now working with alongside Conway.

Gator stated : "There were several roadies from Chillicothe over the years. Randy Allen, Jim Ault (ex-road manager Herb Ault's brother), Jeff Redefer and myself. Randy's the guy with the stories since he did it the longest. I was at the Saturday sound check for the Chillicothe show, as was Randy, and we did get into some story swapping,along with Mike Reilly."

Best thoughts and prayers for his family and friends.

I hope all is well with you Jeff, sooner or later we'll catch up at a show, I can't believe it hasn't happened yet but then again I still can't seem to get to Ohio where the band seems to put you to work. Old habits I guess.Stay well.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Randy Allen

Postby prairiedog » Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:04 pm

Gentlemen & Prairiedogs;
We are all saddened by the passing of another member of the Pure Prairie League family, Randy Allen. Randy was a tireless worker, a talented coordinator, a blast to travel with and be around, and a proud & prideful man. His work ethic and his attitude were exemplary, and he did it all in an unassuming, intelligent and quiet way. We always knew that between Herb, Randy, Jim & Jeff we were able to do our best because those guys had every "i" dotted and "t" crossed. Randy and Conway are probably eatin' fried chicken & drinking a cold one, having a laugh at the rest of us fumbling around. Our thoughts and prayers go out to Pam and the kids, and all of Randy's family. Always in our hearts, Brother ! Rest in Peace.

Mike Reilly
PrairieDog
prairiedog

Return to Pure Prairie League