Fuller & Kaz LP

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Postby denosb » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:32 pm

Koss has a unit for about $150.00 that easily transfers LP's cassetts and yes even those good old 8tracks to cd with so little effort even a dinosaur like me figured it out.track seperation on tapes takes a time or two to get the hang of.
denosb

Postby Tom » Sun Oct 23, 2005 2:31 pm

[quote="Proud1"]Hi Tom

Must have been great to see them playing Feel That Way Again live, did they also do Fool for You, another great song.

Hi Roger,

Yes they also did Fool For You, another real great tune. Basically they did the LP and a PPL tune or two, including Amie. Call was fantastic on steel and they also had a real good guitar player named Stevie, I think. I remember he was wearing a Yankee baseball jacket throughout the concert. At any rate, it was a great time, especially seeing John and Craig together again.

When Craig returned to PPL in the mid 80's he also played Fool For You. I was jumping up when he came out with that one ! In addition he also did a few Flyer tunes like I'm Blowin' Away . The harmonies on that one with Mike and Tim Goshorn were outstanding, a real treat and surprise.What a terrific time that was when he came back ! Many people were unaware he was back, and were seeing him for the first time. He did many of his classics from the first two PPL LP's, new material as well as PPL classics from the years he was gone. I was lucky enough to see this lineup a few times ; they were great times for sure.
Last edited by Tom on Thu Dec 07, 2006 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Skarthi » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:16 am

I've got Fuller Kaz on CD. It's a copy, but copied from the Japanese CD and with artwork. Great sound - listen to those drums on "Feel that Way Again." If anyone wants a copy, it's no problem. I would gladly swap for a copy of "Mementos" or, being the nice Brit I am, just send one anyway.
O.K. O.K. The Brit's aboard.
Skarthi

Postby Skarthi » Sat Jan 07, 2006 12:03 pm

And look at the Mementos post if you're interested in Fuller Kaz.

Skarthi
O.K. O.K. The Brit's aboard.
Skarthi

Postby hiro » Sun Dec 03, 2006 10:53 am

Hello everyone, I'm newbie from Tokyo, Japan. I'm a big fan of Fuller and Kaz music, especially American Flyer. I was so excited to find here and Craig is doing fine. I found PPL's new album here and it's awesome. That's so great!!!

I have only 2 PPL albums, If the shoe fits and Live, but I have "If You're Lonely", "Cul-De-Sac", "American Flyer", "Spirit of A Woman", "Fuller/Kaz" and "1000 Years of Sorrow" (including copy because their albums are so hard to get).
Every album is so great! I'm lookin' foward to seeing Kaz's new album, too.

hiro
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Tom » Thu Dec 07, 2006 10:36 am

Hello Hiro,

I real happy you foiund the site, thanks for stopping in.

I know Japan was very much into country rock and PPL music. Several years ago I traded some tapes with a guy from Japan. It was quite interesting: he spoke no English, the computer translated everything. I know many of you went out of your way to get your hands on the music.

Check out Amazon for some more PPL CD's. They have PPL's first two releases ( The self titled debut and Bustin' Out)as a twofer, Two Lane Highway and Firin' Up, all at very good prices. They are classics and a must for any country rock collection. I'm sure you would enjoy them based on your comments.

In the meantime, here's a glance at some PPL stuff, Japanese style:

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby hiro » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:57 pm

Hello Tom,
What a great collections of Japanese versions! I ordered PPL's new album and 2 in 1 first album/Bustin' out at Amazon and am waiting for arriving. Oh no, they aren't shipped yet. It'll take several days to get them, I can't wai!
I also wanna get other PPL's but I must save money and must buy other CDs.
Rod Taylor's first album in Asylum Record and Kaz's Cul-De Sac were released as CD in Japan.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Previous

Return to Pure Prairie League