NY, Long Island has great shows this weekend

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

NY, Long Island has great shows this weekend

Postby Tom » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:12 am

Hi guys,

This Saturday and Sunday PPL will be hitting NY and Long Island, completing their NJ-NY part of the tour.

Saturday night 8/06 the guys are at BB King's, a terrific venue not far from Penn Station, very easy access. The guys sold out the venue in 2006 and are looking forward to returning to the Big Apple , a place they hit on dozens of times in the 70's and 80's. The Lonestar Cafe, The Beacon Theatre, The Bottom Line and several other places were among their regular stomping grounds. Mike Reilly missed the 06 show at BB's and I know he's going to be pumped up at this one as will another founding member John Call, who loves playing NYC .

Sunday the guys head out east to Stephen Talkhouse in Amagansett. I hope they drive carefully, you never know, Billy Joel might be out on the road that day.
This venue has had many legendary shows over the years and promises to be an incredible evening. Like the city , their is a huge contingent of PPL fans out that way, and it no doubt will sell out with a very enthusiastic crowd expected. It's great PPL was booked here, certainly a hot spot for music and in particular PPL.

Hopefully many of you will make these shows. Check the tour as the band will be back east in November with two shows in CT and another in upstate NY.

Making my rounds of the country churches,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League