Pure Prairie League, Exile, McGuffey Lane and more 8/12/11 i

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Pure Prairie League, Exile, McGuffey Lane and more 8/12/11 i

Postby Doug » Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:52 pm

Pure Prairie League, Exile, McGuffey Lane, Jonalee White, and Chris Logsdon all for $10 reserved grandstand and $15 field standing room only. Or 6 grandstand tix for $50. At Huntington Park, new home of the Columbus Clippers. Wow! I love Exile! McGuffey Lane is the band everybody in central Ohio has loved since the seventies! ANNNND PPL?!? This is just such an incredible lineup, it is going to be crazy good. Friday nighy August 12th, 2011. It should be packed with peanuts - er, people that night. MIKE - TELL CRAIG HE HAS TO BE THERE!!! Lol! If ya can't get Craig, I'd settle for Vince! Vince knows Columbus - his dad was a judge in Columbus, believe it or not. Hey, I don't care if it's just Spike with a flattop on a stool. It's going to be an awesome night.
Doug

Re: Pure Prairie League, Exile, McGuffey Lane and more 8/12/

Postby Tom » Sat Aug 06, 2011 10:25 am

Hi Doug,

As you are gearing up for the OHIO shwo, I'm getting ready t hit NYC tonight to catch The League at BB King's. Doug, I know Ohio is their birthplace, but sorry pal, NY is still prairiedog country and always will be.

As for your show, no Craig won't be there, sorry, he's not touring right now.

However someone else will be there and I know you'll be quite happy about it.

Founding member George Ed Powell is a definite ! Who needs Vince when you have George? C'MON !!

He'll play the whole set with the guys and all I can say right now is I wish I was in Ohio on 8/12 !! That's going to be a killer night. There will be a few other local guys you probably know. I think Barry Barnes may pop in and possibly a nice surprise, we'll see.

In any event, you are in for a great night Doug.

This one's for you Doug.

Hope we're at the same show some day.
Tom

"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Pure Prairie League, Exile, McGuffey Lane and more 8/12/

Postby Doug » Thu Aug 11, 2011 9:03 pm

Tom, I am stoked about the Columbus show! I had the opportunity to talk with John David Call last week, and he also said that George Ed Powell was going to be at the Columbus show! I certainly wish Craig was going to be there, but I can't wait to hear George Ed Powell sing "Country Song", "Lucille Crawfield", and whatever else they cook up for tomorrow night! I mean, George just blended in at the Chillicothe shows like he had never been away, and it all just sounded so good. As for other past members, I just think that anytime you can get one of the guys on stage for even just a song or two, it is just a huge bonus to an already great show. The League has had the great privelage to have some incredibly talented performers in the band over the years. The first two albums have been described by some critics as "Best of Genre". I don't know that you could even pinpoint which genre as those albums have such a distinct sound all their own. So in the end, it is all good. Of course I would love to hear Vince sing "Let Me Love You Tonight" one more time with the band. I think everybody would. I'd love to hear Larry G sing and play Two Lane Highway. I'd love to hear Tim sing and play with the boys one more time. I am a sucker for that kind of stuff. So when I hear that I get to hear George Ed Powell play an entire show with the League, you know I am pumped! Hats off to Mike for stepping up to the plate and sweetening the pot for us. Hope you have an awesome time at your PPL show, Tom! I'll post a review of the Columbus show soon after. Unless one of the other PPL faithful beats me to the punch! (and there are a lot of them in these parts!) Here's hoping that Mike is recording for future purposes! You never know when your band is gonna have a 'Career Night" - meaning everything clicks and everyone is on their game and the band just rips out one of their best shows ever. Of course I'm hinting around at a future DVD of the band. It doesn't have to be all shiny and polished, and the guys all looking like they just stepped out of the makeup chair. It can be grainy, moody, dark, or bright, or a mix - whatever, the only requirement is that the music kicks @$$! Which it usually does anyway! As Mike has wisely said in the past, all in good time!
Doug

Return to Pure Prairie League