There are good people out there !

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

There are good people out there !

Postby prairiedog » Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:57 am

Prairiedogs;
Just thought I'd share a little note about the fact that some people go out of their way, without being asked, to show a little kindness.
In February of this year, I was traveling out of JFK airport in New York. I had taken off my belt with a silver PPL buckle and put it in a bowl for the Xray machine. I got my guitar and computer, but no belt. After raising a stink, I had to get to my gate. When I came back thru JFK 2 weeks later, no belt in TSA or American Airlines Lost & Found. Chalk it up to the Human Condition these days. Last week I got an email on our website from a guy in Alabama who had bought the buckle in a swap meet in Tennessee, and did I know anything about it. Short story long, the man sent my buckle back to me yesterday. So hats off, all you Prairiedogs, to Robert Moore of Roanoke Alabama for proving that there are still good people out there !!
PrairieDog
prairiedog

Postby JR » Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:31 am

Great story Mike! It does indeed renew my faith in some of our species! Hope you're well.
Jeff
JR

Postby Voiceman » Wed Oct 06, 2010 10:22 am

Well just so you know, I lost my job with TSA at JFK and moved to Alabama and told that guy at the swap meet in Tennessee to keep his mouth shut. Just kidding Mikie!!! I'm glad your belt buckle back and the guy that went to the trouble of tracking you down is totally awesome and good things will come his way...Fidly
Voiceman

Postby Tom » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:41 pm

Hey guys,

Voiceman, where have you been !

Well, obviously it's nice Mike got the buckle back. Robert Moore is a stand up guy, no question, a man who does the right thing, a true prairiedog. But let's be realistic too, before we start throwing stones at the thief. There was once a good thief and a bad thief. This one was a good thief. I really can't blame him, not too much anyway.It was in his face, a PPL memento that simply overcame his will power. A tough call, but he did leave the guitar right ? Give the guy some credit.

Personally I feel somewhat disappointed by the turn of events. Had the good thief put the buckle on Ebay, I would now be the proud owner of a silver belt buckle. Just last week I got a 2 ft hanging cardboard ad with the 1st three Lp's mounted on a cactus. It's a beauty, but the belt buckle would have really made my day.

Robert Moore did the right thing. Now Mike, it's time for you to do the same.

I look forward to receiving my silver belt buckle in the next week. Pay it forward.

Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League