Do they celebrate birthday's in Heaven?

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Do they celebrate birthday's in Heaven?

Postby Chip's sister » Fri Aug 27, 2010 6:31 pm

My little brother, Chip Miller, would have been 59 today. Without the gift of a new liver his body finally gave out and he crossed over five years ago. I figured heaven just needed another really awesome drummer!

In the '70's, Chip was blessed to tour w/ PPL, as the extraordinary drummer that he was for Cowboy (Scott Boyer/Tommy Talton et al)...what a powerful combination that tour was!

The 2010 Tour reminder tonight made me smile and a bit sad. The world is better because Chip was here and less because he is gone. I miss my little brother and am grateful for the memories! Thanks guys!
Chip's sister

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:47 am

Hey Chip's sis,

Well it's been a real long time, so glad to hear from you!

Yes, Chip's up there with the best of them. I never heard Cowboy but have heard of them, read about them, people still fondly recall that band. I also remember Mike Reilly was close with Chip and the band, but you already know that .

It's tough, I know, just before All In Good Time was released I lost my dear sister without warning. We were as close as can be, children involved, time to step up or be seated. I got a call to get to the hospital and fast, I did, and the memory of those moments, what I saw and experienced , will never go away. I suppose it's better they don't, at least I convince myself of that ! We move on because we are left with no choice. And here we are today, choosing to celebrate them. I mean, that's what we are doing isn't it? Oh sh*t, who started this ? It was YOU !!! And I was doing so well, I even got up before noon.

I listened to All In Good Time and heard the words from One of Those Things shortly after Kathy decided to stick it to me one final time.

" I keep dialing up your number, but the phone just rings,
I keep driving by your house but you're never there..."

Hey thanks a whole bunch Craig, real nice !!! I looked forward to a PPL release for 24 years and now this ??? This is what Fuller gives me, this is how he decides to cheer me up ??? Is he saving the dirge for his solo CD ? But me being me, I played that song to death.

Again, great to hear from you. I'll continue to keep my eyes open for any Cowboy material that may interest you.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Do they celebrate birthday's in Heaven?-for Tom

Postby Chip's sister » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:29 am

Hey there! Great to hear from you, and yes, I remember about Kathy's passing also following our lengthy discussion back in '06-07 I think it was!

A bit off PPL topic and still relative to death/loss....Never been a big Toby K fan... personal reasons...AND having said that...if you think the lyrics you quoted get you going check out his tribute to Wayman Tisdale-"Crying For Me"! OMG

Having been blessed to meet Wayman a few years back thru my son, who is a sound engineer, when Wayman passed I really felt it. When Toby pinned Crying For Me I decided to take a breath and let go of the useless feelings I was carrying around! Waste of good energy.

We all do the best we can, and that song has enough heart in it, to let go of the rest!

Keep celebrating the good memories of Kathy. Those that we keep remembering and celebrating never truly die! Thanks for reaching out Tom. Peace, love and balance to you always, Linda
Chip's sister

Return to Pure Prairie League