WOMAN -original version available to hear for the first time

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

WOMAN -original version available to hear for the first time

Postby Jason Smith » Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:44 pm

Guys

As promised Adam Taylor's original version of WOMAN dating back to 1967 is now available to listen to for the first time on my website www.fantasticexpedition.com

Thanks to Joe Pfeifer who was in the band ADAM that recorded this song and later of Country Funk.

You can also now hear the JD Blackfoot song I've Never Seen You which was penned by Kenny May with lead vocals by Craig Fuller.

My website hasn't got a feedback forum as yet - something I need to add when I find out how. The guys from these bands are very interested to learn what people think of these songs so please let me know directly or via this website.

Cheers

Jason Smith
helen.jason@btinternet.com
www.fantasticexpedition.com
Jason Smith

Postby Dan Williams III » Thu Jul 22, 2010 3:36 pm

Great stuff, Jason...much appreciated. Just a note, "Comin In" by Country Funk doesn't play...all the others work just fine. Incidentally, on the original version of "Woman," their drummer sounds like he's done some speed...I've never heard such frantic fills. I prefer PPL's version but overall, Adam does a commendable job. It's a great song...I'm assuming they wrote it.
Dan
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Jason Smith » Fri Jul 23, 2010 9:54 am

Dan, the drummer in ADAM is Joe Pfeifer later of Country Funk. It's he that provided me with this early demo so I'll ask if he can give a bit more info on the song which was written by fellow ADAM member Adam Taylor.

I'll also try and fix the "Comin' In" song.

Cheers

Jason
Jason Smith

Return to Pure Prairie League