Fantastic Expedition - Issue 3

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Fantastic Expedition - Issue 3

Postby Jason Smith » Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:35 pm

Hi,

Issue 3 of FANTASTIC EXPEDITION is now available and features an article on COUNTRY FUNK, the band that featured Pure Prairie League's own Jim Lanham.

Country Funk only released one LP back in 1970 but it's a great album if you've never listened to it. Jim Lanham plays Bass but also surprisingly Pedal Steel. The album has a great mix of Psych Rock with Country Rock.

Of course the track WOMAN off PPL's debut was a song Craig Fuller learnt from Country Funk member Adam Taylor who had actually written the song back in 1967 in adam's then band ADAM. An early demo of this song exists which I've now had the privilege to hear - more on that and how/when Craig first met Country Funk in this issue.

There's also a great story about the whole band being busted and landing themselves in jail!

Original members Hal Paris and Joe Pfeifer helped me out on retelling their history and the issue includes some previously unpublished photos of the band including Jim Lanham.

This issue also features an article on Dillard & Clark.

Let me know if you're interested in obtaining a copy at: helen.jason@btinternet.com

Cheers

Jason

PS: Issue 2 which features a 52 page article on PPL's early history is still available too.
Jason Smith

Return to Pure Prairie League