Craig Fuller Eric Kaz lp on cd status??

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Craig Fuller Eric Kaz lp on cd status??

Postby wildkat » Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:02 pm

Anybody know what's happening with the release of this great LP in the U.S. on CD?? I would love to get a copy of this great LP on CD but can't find it. Any info is appreciated!! A fan since 73'
Been a fan since the mid 70's. These guys have been sorely under appreciated. Great vocals, writing and musicianship. Got everything they recorded and hope to make a live show this summer.
wildkat

Postby hiro » Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:21 am

This was released as CD from Sony Japan in 1993 and 2007. It became expensive again. I checked some wabsites and found 1993 version of this little bit cheaper here. http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B0000264S5 2660 Yen. I think 1993 version maybe in plastic case not in paper jacket. Hurry up to get it before it'll be too expensive. Great album.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:46 pm

Hi guys,

This one is truly tough to get. So far only the import mentioned by Hiro is around, a real shame, but hey if that's all there is, you must go for it.

Huge critical acclaim and Craig Fuller's vocals are magnificent. Garth Brooks bought every copy that Columbia records had. He sent a few to Kaz when Kaz was looking for it! Brooks said he's " the world's biggest Fuller fan. " He's not of course, but maybe the richest. At any rate Brooks has said in the past that PPl was an influence , he has their recordings, so let's face it: it explains his succes, he learned from the best. I still however, do not own one song by him and more than likely it will stay that way.

I saw Craig tour after this came out. A great night as John David Call joined the tour. Heck it was so good it almost made me forget that Kaz sang a few songs ( Craig should have sang every single one, if you disagree, ask John David Call). The band that played with Craig was well known by the gang in Ohio who check in here : It was Wheels, Craig borrowed them .

Feel That Way Again is one of my all time favorite Craig Fuller tunes, I freakin' LOVE that thing ! John Call always loved Restless Sea. Pick your poison, he sang the you know what out of them all.

Cry Like a Rainstorm. Beautiful stuff,so good it was none other than another legend who loved PPl back in the 70's and cited them as an influence in her work, Linda Rondstadt. She even sought out Craig's help when she was recording the tune. She was having trouble and basically had Craig work with her to get it down. She did it well, no question , but why bother doing it after Craig did !! Close but no cigar Linda.

PPL w/ Craig back in the lineup in the mid 80's also did Fool For You, a real surprise and the guys did a great job with it.

By the way, here's the info directly from the site Hiro referenced. I hope you find it helpful.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan

Track Listings
1. フィール・ザット・ウェイ・アゲイン
2. クライ・ライク・ア・レインストーム
3. ユー・テイク・ア・ハート
4. レット・ザ・ファイアー・バーン・オール・ナイト
5. ティル・ユー・カム・バック
6. アナベラ
7. ザ・ウェイズ・オブ・ア・ウーマン
8. フール・フォー・ユー
9. レストレス・シー
10. アナベラ(リプライズ)

Product Description
内容(「CDジャーナル」データベースより)
アメリカン・フライヤー解散後のクレイグ・フラーとエリック・カズが78年に発表したデュエット・アルバム。セッションメンやゲスト・シンガーの助演も含めて,70年代のウェストコースト・サウンドの最良の部分を丁寧に再現したような音楽が聴ける逸品だ。
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby jpmagg3 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:23 pm

Yep that's a great album alright - didn't see him here (Cincinnati) with Wheels but caught the show around the same time at Blossom Center in Cleveland with Emmylou Harris and Willie Nelson if memory serves. Glad I've got the vinyl version at least...interesting story about Garth Brooks - thanks Tom.
jpmagg3

Postby jpmagg3 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 10:32 pm

Here's a shot from that show...1978 I think.

jpmagg3

Postby hiro » Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:19 am

Tom, thanks for interesting story about this great album. Bonnie Raitt also covered Cry Like A Rainstorm, it's great, too. I sometimes enjoy comparing Love Has No Pride by American Flyer, Linda, Libby Titus & Bonnie, Cry Like A Rainstorm by Fuller/Kaz, Linda & Bonnie. Blowing Away by American Flyer, Linda & Bonnie.

Anyway, this is still becoming expensive now 1993 version is 4200 Yen, 2007 version is 7200 Yen.
Freebird Radio is servin' you the Best Classic Rock, 24 hours a day!
hiro

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:29 pm

Here's a krazy idea... at some point in the future, invite Eric to perform with the band. Now there is no way, you just cannot replace Mike Connor on the keys and I'm not suggesting that. But it would be fun to hear the guys sing those three excellent songs, even more so if you could invite Linda and have some incredible goose bump harmonies going on. Wow. Think what that would sound like on a future LIVE ALBUM!!! Hint, hint. Yeah, plan on a double live album, not necessarily all recorded at the same show, but then you could possibly do a show in Cinci and invite Larry and Tim to guest star and perform their hits such as Two Lane Highway (and they could make it an extended version with lead solos from Larry. Tim and Donnie. If you got three lead guitars on stage, just let'em rip and make it a total rocker) and maybe Sun Shone Lightly or (dang, how do ya choose just a couple or few of all their great songs?) I would really love to hear the guys do "Harvest"! Record those and throw them on the album. Spike could even ask Vince to guest star with the band sometime, and Craig and Vince make some magic together! Record all this and put out one killer live album! And don't forget the incredible stuff that happened at the Chillicothe shows!! Right there is your George Ed Powell contributions! Country Song, Lucille Crawfield, wow - George Ed blends in smooth as silk whenever he plays with the league. I would not mind if George got to play with the band a lot more. I guess that's a no brainer, right? Seriously, if Mike gets the urge to put out a live album, make it an incredible event by bringing in all the Leaguers, invite some very special guests, stars perhaps not members of the band, but close to the band in heart, like Eric, Linda, and hay, it might be outrageous and preposterous, but how about inviting Emmy Lou Harris on stage to sing Just Can't Believe It live with George Ed Powell? Or jeez - how about Bonnie Raitt??? God - can you imagine? Just like that video previously posted with Craig, Linda, and Bonnie (with Eric playing piano) singing I'm Blowing Away, get the three of them up there once again with Mike and the boys joining inon harmonies, and holy smokes, what a smokin hot live album this is gonna be! You could even let Bonnie cut loose on guitar on a song. The possibilities are endless and just boggle the mind. Yo, Spike - how's them for some keen suggestions? :wink:
Doug

Postby Tom » Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:24 pm

Doug,
Whew !
You had me at Krazy.

Tom
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League