Current Lineup of band

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Current Lineup of band

Postby wildkat » Mon May 31, 2010 2:12 pm

Can anyone state with certainty if Craig Fuller will tour with the band this summer. I would like to catch the show at theIron Horse on July 2. I would love to know the current line up for the group?? Any help is appreciated-Long time fan. Matt
Been a fan since the mid 70's. These guys have been sorely under appreciated. Great vocals, writing and musicianship. Got everything they recorded and hope to make a live show this summer.
wildkat

Postby Dan Williams III » Mon May 31, 2010 3:32 pm

They will be appearing twice in my neighborhood this year (NJ), which amazes me, but I too would like to be assured that Craig will be included. If not, I probably won't go...once you've seen them with Craig, you get spoiled.
Dan
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby Tom » Wed Jun 16, 2010 3:12 pm

Hi guys,

Welcome wildcat, please check your inbox I sent a note.

Nice to touch bases again oh Danny Boy !

Dan, stop pouting, it's beneath you ! Hurry get tickets to both shows and see Craig before you upset him and he changes his mind.

Yes, Craig Fuller is touring with PPL. I said years ago do not try and make a living predicting Craig's next move or you will be broker than I am.

Mr. Craig Lee Fuller is in. And guess what ?

Craig is being joined by his old Waverly buddy John David Call !!! These two original members of PPL developed the sounds that led PPL to the top of country rock where they still are today ! How's that Dan ? I think I see a huge smile !!

The Waverly Wonders will wreak havoc, it's that simple. Hold back the Tears boys.

Mike "Spike" Reilly , who joined when the 2nd LP Bustin' Out was being recorded is of course, also on board ! His miraculous recovery still boggles the mind, and Mike, I'm thrilled to say, is his old self, driving PPL once again all over the country. I'm told he's sounding and playing great and had the crowd roaring last week in Va. Very, very good news for prairiedogs all over the country.

Thankfully , Rick Schell and Donnie Lee Clark are still on board. These two are incredible musicians who bring this lineup to a level that, well, only PPL can still reach !! Rick has two stellar solo CD's out that have recieved huge critical acclaim (check out cd baby) and Donnie is working on one. Donnie's guitar work and vocals with PPL the last 5 year have drawn raves from fans and critics while Rick's drumming, lead vocals and high harmonies give the band an edge that helps explain why 41 years after it started, PPL still gets such positive reviews from the fans and critics. The more things change...

It's a very powerful lineup, and the guys work extremly hard to bring you the greatest country rock ever made, the way it was meant to be played: The Pure Prairie League way.

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Postby Dan Williams III » Thu Jun 17, 2010 3:48 pm

Thanks for the updates, Tom. Haven't seen John Call in many years...it will be a thrill I'm sure. I did just find out that The Tabernacle show in Mt. Tabor, NJ on August 7th with Jon Poussette-Dart will be a private show...what a disappointment. I can't even imagine what that is all about...do you have any info on that, Tom? On the plus side, PPL is scheduled to do another Sanctuary Concert in Chatham, NJ. If they make that one private, I might just have to crash it.
Dan
Clutch Cargo prefers spinners.
Dan Williams III

Postby wildkat » Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:41 pm

Thanks Tom for the invaluable info on the lineup. I am attending the July 2nd show in Northampton MA and will post a review within a few days w/possible pics. Can't wait to see this power group up close at this great venue. Anyone else going?? Hopr to meet you there.
Matt
Been a fan since the mid 70's. These guys have been sorely under appreciated. Great vocals, writing and musicianship. Got everything they recorded and hope to make a live show this summer.
wildkat

Return to Pure Prairie League