She Darked The Sun

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

She Darked The Sun

Postby Jason Smith » Wed Mar 03, 2010 11:27 am

Hi,

Those of you who've read my magazine will know that SHE DARKED THE SUN was not recorded by the debut line-up and I'm grateful for Craig for setting the history straight.

However, one aspect I was unable to confirm before publicationof my latest issue was whether or not SHE DARKED THE SUN was the B-Side to WOMAN and would be grateful if anyone out there can confirm if they have a copy.

I'm also interested to learn if the this B-Side cut is the same version that appeared on the Greatest HIts package. And whether the WOMAN A-side is the same as the album version or the different acoustic version I found on the WOMAN stereo/mono Promo single.

With regard to Bustin' Out I believe that only EARLY MORNING RISER backed with ANGEL #9 was released as a single although I have a 1975 interview with Bob Ringe who states that CALL ME, TELL ME was also released as a single. I can find no info on this so if anyone out there has this I'd love to know for my follow up article.

Cheers

Jason Smith
FANTASTIC EXPEDITION
helen.jason@btinternet.com
www.myspace.com/fantasticexpedition
Jason Smith

Postby jpmagg3 » Wed Mar 03, 2010 7:59 pm

Had (have) multiple copies of the LPs but never any singles, so I couldn't tell you one way or the other. Thanks again for the link to the magazine!
jpmagg3

Return to Pure Prairie League