PPL Coming to Seattle - Jan 22, 2010

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

PPL Coming to Seattle - Jan 22, 2010

Postby Jiff » Thu Jan 14, 2010 4:52 pm

Yay! Found out when we went to the Triple Door in Seattle for Timothy B Schmit last month and saw a flyer on our table:

Alright, the Triple Door is an excellent and classy dinner theater type venue. Not bad, only 5 years since PPL's last visit to the Seattle area when they played Marymoor Park with Poco. Since moving here in 1980, I think the only other PPL visit was in 1982 at the old Astor Park bar in downtown Seattle. Great show except for the fist fight that broke out during a song right in front of Vince Gill.

Btw - I saw a Bob Caloca show last year. He lives and plays around NW Washington, sometimes as a Bob Seger tribute and with Kathi McDonald (Big Brother, Leon Russell, Long John Baldry etc), who also lives here. His resume says he was in the Association and PPL, and he said so and played Aimee when I saw him, but googling I can't find any evidence that he was in PPL.

Timothy B Schmit at the Triple Door photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67928702@N00/sets/72157622853488577/detail/
Jiff

My Report

Postby Jiff » Sun Jan 24, 2010 8:39 pm

Big thanks to the band for a fine show, especially after the rigors of the road and air they endured in their stormin 3 gig trip. Thursday, the morning after their Phoenix show, flights were postponed so they drove through 60 mile an hour winds to their San Diego date. If that wasn't enough, California rains caused an 11 hour air transport ordeal to Seattle, resulting in a late arrival and quickie sound check in front of a crowd of about 150.

I really enjoyed the guitar work plus John David Call on pedal steel. What a treat to see Call, a member from way back. I guess I hadn't paid proper attention at previous shows, but Rick Schell's vocals sounded so crisp and clear Friday.

Anyway, hope they have forgotten this grueling trip when contemplating another trek to this corner of the world, so far from the prairie. And kudos to the band for hanging around and visiting after the show. Great guys, go see em. ::)

More photos:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/67928702@N00/sets/72157623152963879/detail/
Jiff

Return to Pure Prairie League