Live Gear/Recording studio Gear

Post the chords and lyrics to your favorite PPL songs.

Live Gear/Recording studio Gear

Postby getbent » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:10 pm

on the live track on the new "if you could say what I'm thinkin'" who plays the solo?

Also, anybody know what the guys play instrument wise? I'm interested in which type guitars, amps, pedals etc they might use... I didn't see it on the site...

thanks!
I have not intention of leaving the freak era
getbent

Postby Tom » Sat Oct 07, 2006 7:02 am

Hi getbent, hope all is well.

I believe Curtis handles the solo on If You Say What I'm Thinking.Also that's John Call on steel.

As for all the instruments, I don't know. If you haven't seen it already , check the thread titled What Brand Guitar in this section.It mentions what acoustic Craig plays and also what Curtis Wright plays(he made a post under the name Blairsboy). It' also talks about the guitar used in Amie by Craig. Mike Reilly also has a post in there, too. Maybe at some point more will be added now that you brought it up.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby getbent » Sat Oct 07, 2006 9:16 am

Thanks Tom, I'll check it out.. Curtis does a nice job... I'm trying to get a band I sit in with to do some of the songs from the new album... it is my car cd right now.. I just keep it in and listen over and over again... reallly good stuff....
getbent

Postby jpmagg3 » Sun Oct 22, 2006 9:55 pm

getbent,

John Call was playing a red lacquer Sho-Bud D10 ProII or III steel; I seem to remember seeing a silver-face Twin somewhere behind him but chances are good he went straight into the board. Looking back at the pics Craig was using some model of Line6 amp. JD Call is one of my favorite steelers of all time, and he tore it up that night - hard to believe that show was a year ago this month, and I was lucky enough to be there!
jpmagg3

Postby Tom » Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:42 am

Hi John,

Nice to hear from you again, I hope all is well.

Thanks for the input. It takes a steeler to know that stuff, I hope you're still having some fun with yours. A quick year for sure, I'm glad you and others have such incredibly fond memories of two very special nights.It all started when Fats had a prior committment and John filled in. Call is a legend, it's that simple.JD also filled in on a few shows this summer. As Spike described it, he's the guy who lit the fire.Those close to him on stage have said they saw what they believe to be some tears fill his eyes from the overwhelming support he received from fans like you, VP Admiral and many others who gave the guys a welcome they will never forget. Perhaps even more important is that these guys, who first started playing together in the 60's, are still such great friends.

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby getbent » Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:48 am

Tom wrote:Hi John,

Nice to hear from you again, I hope all is well.

Thanks for the input. It takes a steeler to know that stuff, I hope you're still having some fun with yours. A quick year for sure, I'm glad you and others have such incredibly fond memories of two very special nights.It all started when Fats had a prior committment and John filled in. Call is a legend, it's that simple.JD also filled in on a few shows this summer. As Spike described it, he's the guy who lit the fire.Those close to him on stage have said they saw what they believe to be some tears fill his eyes from the overwhelming support he received from fans like you, VP Admiral and many others who gave the guys a welcome they will never forget. Perhaps even more important is that these guys, who first started playing together in the 60's, are still such great friends.

All the best,
Tom

I went to a pedal steel guitar get together this weekend (recruiting!) probably 80 steelers there! Wow! JD Maness included! I was blown away at all the models and types they were playing.... I get kinda nuts over my guitars but nothing like the high dollar gear those fellers had! great stuff!

Thanks for the input.... I'd say I listen to the new PPL cd and Rancho Delluxe the most of anything I own right now... great country rock is still around and being made!
getbent

Return to Musician's Corner