Chords and lyrics

Post the chords and lyrics to your favorite PPL songs.

Chords and lyrics

Postby Tom » Mon Jan 02, 2006 8:00 am

Some of you have asked questions about posting PPL lyrics, chords etc , so here's your the spot to do it. Have fun.
Tom
Site Admin

here here??

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:12 am

ok... yeah im a tad tired tongiht ... Im asumeing you mean here here...so may I postteh Amie Lyrcs? .. TY :D

I can see why you think you belong to me
I never tried to make you think or make you see one thing for yourself
But now you're off with someone else and I'm alone
You see I thought I might keep you for my own

Amy, what you wanna do
I think I could stay with you
For a while maybe longer if I do

Don't you think the time was right for us to find
All the things we thought weren't proper could be in time
And can't you see which way we should turn together or alone
I can never see what's right or what is wrong
Don't you take too long to tell me

Amy, what you wanna do

Amy, what you wanna do

Now just come to what you want you've had your way
And all the things you thought before just faded into gray
And you can say that I don't know if it's you or if it's me
If it's one of us I'm sure we both will see
Won't you look at me and tell me

Amy, what you wanna do
For a while maybe longer if I, longer if I do

Amy, what you wanna do

and here is a suporting link that proves i didnt change the spelling of amy/amie lol

http://www.stlyrics.com/songs/p/purepra ... 65301.html

Amy
Amy

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:47 am

ya i think i just got it now... The "notes/chords" with the lyrics (sp?)

if only i knew how to read music, I tell you what... I would love that!!
I got you to hold my hand, I got you to understand, I got you to talk to me, I got you to walk with me, I got you to kiss goodnight, I got you to hold me tight, I got you and I wont let go, I got you to love me sooo,.. I got you babe....
Amy

Postby LIDog » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:24 pm

Wow, that was a quick response! I had to fix it by putting those lines in between the chords, or else they didn't line up with the words!

I figure it'll be great for Craig, just in case he forgets the chords in the middle of a show, he can go online and look! :shock:

I like the addition of "I Got You Babe", but those chords will have to wait for some other time. I gotta get back to work!

Have a great day!
LIDog

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 12:41 pm

very good job dog!

one week ago my grandpa past away. I didnt get to know him to well, ocuse I was adopted an di didnt meet him till i was 20 years old and when he leanred my name was Amie / Amy ( my birth name was baby girl i shit you not ocuse my mom died right after i was born ) and when i met him for the first time he pulled out a guitar and sang that song for me and when i was singing along wiht him, he frosze in shock couse i knew every word by heart, he qwized me on PPL and such and he said "Well I'd be damned your a fan too i see!"

anyways now when i listen to anything from PPL I allways think of the firts time i met him , a very good memory I will never forget that day.

wow i jst rambled my life story there..

Amy

PS: glad you like my signature , I love old music, well all music :D
I got you to hold my hand, I got you to understand, I got you to talk to me, I got you to walk with me, I got you to kiss goodnight, I got you to hold me tight, I got you and I wont let go, I got you to love me sooo,.. I got you babe....
Amy

Postby LIDog » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:41 pm

Hi Amy,
Sorry to hear about your grandpa. But it's really great that you have that wonderful memory of him.
And now you have your PPL family too!
We have to get you to a show this year. Let's see where they end up playing. (maybe near you!)
:D -Dog
LIDog

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 1:50 pm

That would make my day to see them in show!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder if thye will be in Oklahoma this year!! or a near state! I would really like ot take my daughter to a show she would enjoy it she loves their songs!

and I can't tell you how proud i am to be apart of this family! :D

ty!!
Amy
Amy

Postby LIDog » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:35 pm

[quote="LIDog"]Well, I'll tell you what Amy. I think some of those lyrics leave a little to be desired, but to keep in the spirit of the thing, here are some chords off the top of my head to go with them! A great song for any level of player. Enjoy![/quote]

I hope noone misunderstood what I said there. I just meant that I thought there were a few wrong words, not that Craig's lyrics weren't good! There are a certain number of truly great and original songs in music history and "Amie" is one of them. Everybody loves "Amie". From the opening notes of "Falling in and out of Love" through the fade of the final chord it is a masterpiece.
LIDog

"Or a nearby State"

Postby jaybuzz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:53 pm

Amy,
There is no better experience than to see PPL at Wildwood Springs Lodge in Missouri. Not too far from Oklahoma (We drove up from Birmingham AL in October to see them there) To get to hang out and share a few beers after the show was a blast. Also got all to sign my ol "Bustin Out" LP Cover-Now framed and hanging in my den. They are already booked there this summer, don't miss!
jaybuzz

Eary Morning Riser..

Postby jaybuzz » Tue Jan 03, 2006 4:57 pm

Now that we've got "Amie" how about some more? I'm something of a ham-fisted chord banger, but would love to try a few more PPL tunes..
jaybuzz

Postby Amy » Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:13 pm

LIDog wrote:
LIDog wrote:Well, I'll tell you what Amy. I think some of those lyrics leave a little to be desired, but to keep in the spirit of the thing, here are some chords off the top of my head to go with them! A great song for any level of player. Enjoy!

I hope noone misunderstood what I said there. I just meant that I thought there were a few wrong words, not that Craig's lyrics weren't good! There are a certain number of truly great and original songs in music history and "Amie" is one of them. Everybody loves "Amie". From the opening notes of "Falling in and out of Love" through the fade of the final chord it is a masterpiece.

That just Dawned on me!! your 110% the ending is a fade of the ever so amazeing "Falling in and out of love ...." I belive so...i just played the song read the lycs i found.. i think the song is right ;)
Amy

Postby Tom » Fri Jan 06, 2006 1:53 pm

Let's start at the very beginning.

TEARS

A
Tears roll down my face

Smiles can't take their place
F#m C#m D A
Living down hanging around try to understand
E A D
All you gotta do us hold my hand
A