PPL: FIERY SET AT POMPANO BEACH 7/15

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

PPL: FIERY SET AT POMPANO BEACH 7/15

Postby Tom » Mon Jul 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Hey Prairie Dogs,

The band put on a hot one in Florida at a country rock triple header . Here's comments from a local 10 website:

All the best,
Tom Sheridan
Floral Park, NY

Pure Prairie League and Firefall put on very strong shows in a country rock triple header at the Pompano Beach Theater. The bands hit on all the notes , all the songs you look for in a show like this. Some great guitar work from Firefall's Jock Bartley and overall excellent musicianship playing tunes like You Are The Woman , Just Remember I Love You and several others. PPL was even stronger with a fiery set with some incredible pedal steel and guitar licks rocking the crowd . Great to see original steeler John Call still in action along with Mike Reilly , two of the most influetial members in PPL's history. Donnie Clark was awesome on guitar ! Amie of course received the largest response from the crowd all night. Superb vocals from PPL as did Firefall as these guys made this night a great one. Unfortunately Poco came out with an extremely flat , lackluster set. I'd much prefer a PPL and Firefall show and have PPL close it, they deserve far more time,

Daryl Coleman
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Concert Reviews