Birchmere, Alexadria VA

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

Birchmere, Alexadria VA

Postby Tom » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Here's another great review from Ticketmaster.

Pure Prairie League still rocks
Birchmere , Alexandria Va
08/03/2013

I've seen it before, and I'll say this about these types of concerts: PPL never disappoints.
They put on a fantastic show. This lineup is still loaded with talent. Donnie Clark is a throwback to the glory days of the 70's southern /country rock days, he can play guitar with anyone. He also has some very strong lead vocals. Combine that with John David Call's still incredible steel licks and you are in for a major treat. Mike Reilly , another guy from the 70's still sounds as good as the old days and his enthusiasm and the band's generate a terrific atmosphere. The band really stretches things out musically, a very cohesive and rousing sound. The interplay of lead guitar and steel is extremely effective. Lead vocals and harmonies are on the money , a gifted band that has boundless energy. There is much to like about them. Their entire set was outstanding and the crowd agreed with numerous outbreaks of applause. These guys should have closed out the night.
4 stars for PPL. Heck, nobody is perfect.
Favorite moment: Lead guitar and steel interplay , Amie, Two Lane Highway, not a clinker in the entire set.
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Concert Reviews