PPL Closes out Cain Park Show in Style

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

PPL Closes out Cain Park Show in Style

Postby Tom » Mon Aug 13, 2012 10:16 pm

Hi prairiedogs,

Here's a few comments I copied that were posted on a Cleveland Classic Rock site 98.5 WNCX. Sounds like PPL and the fans had a great night.

" Pure Prairie League closed the night out and took it out in style with the set of the night. Very strong vocals, excellent musicianship with an unbelievable pedal steel player and lead guitarist. Numerous ovations, several show stoppers, not a throwaway in their set. Extremely talented group that deserved the huge crowd reaction. These guys brought it all home big time. All in all a fun time."
Baily
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Re: PPL Closes out Cain Park Show in Style

Postby Tom » Sun Aug 26, 2012 9:51 pm

Hey prairiedogs,

Bouncing around the net I found a few more killer reviews from a blogger's site. No doubt PPL delivered the goods big time.

I hope all is well,
Tom Sheridan

This one is from the same source as above:

"Mark me down as yet another who was bowled over by PPL. I enjoyed the night of music but the Prairie lifted things up a few notches. When you have a guitarist who can steal the thunder from Jock Bartley of Firefall like Don Clark did, a pedal steel player who is still the best on the planet in John Call and a catalogue of music that no one else in country rock could ever match, well what you get is exactly what this band delivered: pure perfection from a very solid band that had the crowd up and down several times during their set, hooting and hollering . It was an entire set of stellar country rock, not just a song or two and that's what makes these guys special. True pro's who know what it takes to put on a killer show and they delivered it big time. There wasn't a person in the crowd who wanted them to end as they left to one of several thunderous ovations. A cowboy tip of the hat to PPL !"
Warren Howley Akron, Ohio

These are from a blogger named Amy who not surprisingly cited Amie as her song of the night.

"I had "Amyyyy, what you wanna do? I think I could stay with you for awhile, maybe longer if I do... " stuck in my head all the way back to the AK. I encourage anyone who might want a more intimate venue than Blossom, or even a change of pace, to head up to Cain Park. It's a breath of fresh air in the outdoor live music scene!" " I couldn't help but think they picked it especially for me! :)"
AMY

"PPL in particular put on a great show at The Legends night. Just as good or better than what was played in the 70's ! These guys rocked out one after another with the best pedal steel going and terrific guitar work.I'll take them over what is going on in country music today, that's for sure ! Amie always brings the house down but so did many of their others songs. A great way to close out a nice evening."
Pete Herman

"I couldn't agree more with the above comments. It was a fun night after a rainy day and Pure Prairie certainly took things up to another level with their performance. This is a very talented group who more than lived up to their reputation. Vocals, pedal steel , guitars, all exceeded what anyone could have wanted or expected. Bring 'em back for more !"
Danny Petrie

"I agree, Pure Prairie League put on a great show - and it was awesome to see real musicians excelling at their craft. I'm a new country rock convert! Thanks for sharing, Pete and Dan! "
AMY
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Concert Reviews