Kate Hepburn Theatre CT

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

Kate Hepburn Theatre CT

Postby Tom » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:00 am

Hey dogs,

Great review from a Hepburn website re: the recent concert. The guys closed out 2011 with a string of sellouts in NY and CT to some highly appreciative fans.

"This is one superb venue.

Speaking of superb, I just saw Pure Prairie League recently for the second time here.

When this venue opened up and booked PPL as it's first act,some eyebrows were raised. Not for long though,as the the concert quickly sold out and the band received well deserved rave reviews.

Someone certainly knew what they were doing, someone obviously was well aware of PPL's history and strong fan base over 40 years later.

On November 12, 2011 I had the pleasure once again of attending another PPL sellout before a crowd that knows what great music is all about. I didn't think the band could exceed their prior performance, but they did just that with a sterling set of tunes by some amazingly talented musicians. The band has really opened up and brings forth an energy and excitement like it was the mid 70's.

I've been to numerous shows here since opening night but PPL still sits at the top of my list. And you wil not meet a more fan friendly bunch.

Thanks guys for an outstanding night of entertainment. See you soon I hope !"

Harold Krieger
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Concert Reviews