Yavapai College - Prescott, AZ 10/8/11

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

Yavapai College - Prescott, AZ 10/8/11

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Sun Oct 09, 2011 6:35 pm

As I just got done posting on Facebook... and then on poconut.org...

"Drove up to Prescott yesterday. Had a great dinner @Murphy's with some friends - old and new - Then on to the concert. Pure Prairie League just blew me away and I saw the original PSG player, John David Call, play live for the first time. The new and revamped Poco was just incredible. I had purposely avoided watching any tapes until I saw them live. I have loved this band for 43 years and I see no reason to stop now. As we were leaving this morning we had a chance to talk with JD Call and then Donnie Lee Clark from PPL. They were so kind and generous with their time, What a great way to end the road trip! "Mighty Fine!!!" (If you need to have that explained, ask a local Prairie Dog.)"

""Dinner was just a blast! We had 9 at the table and Murphy's may never be the same. The concert hall was as I expected. Just a great little hall. PPL was as good as ever. Donnie Lee has taken over guitar duties and sings the Vince Gill songs better than Vince Gill. I got to tell him that this morning. As I said, I was waiting to see/hear "new" Poco live and reserved judgement. All I can say is - as others before me have said - WOW! I was absolutely thrilled with the new arrangements and Mr. Webb has brought a lot to the dance. I got to tell him that last night. I loved "Hard Country" the first time I heard it on Jack's CD. What these guys did with it last night was about as good as it gets. It was a defining piece in a terrific set.

As so... the Horse runs on...""

One more additional comment - I saw Mike at the merch table and told him that I was there at Humphrey's that night a few years ago and how emotional it was for us in the crowd. I thanked him for keeping it going all these years. And last night the guys played their fannies off in front of a crowd that fell far short of expected turnout. Lesser guys would have mailed it in, but not these guys. they were, indeed, Mighty Fine! Thanks to all.
Dave

You are only young once, but you CAN be immature forever.
RedRiverPatrol

Re: Yavapai College - Prescott, AZ 10/8/11

Postby Lynn Fargo » Mon Oct 10, 2011 3:04 pm

Please tell me you got some great pics or videos and will be posting soon!!!!
Lynn
Lynn Fargo

Re: Yavapai College - Prescott, AZ 10/8/11

Postby RedRiverPatrol » Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:54 pm

Sadly, Lynn, I only got one. But I did put it up on the Photos page. Just made it my avitar.
Dave

You are only young once, but you CAN be immature forever.
RedRiverPatrol

Return to Concert Reviews