Chillicothe 10/17/09

Post all Pure Prairie League concert reviews here.

Chillicothe 10/17/09

Postby jpmagg3 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:00 pm

Another GREAT show tonight, hope some of you all could make it there. John D. Call, Andrea Call & George Ed Powell rounded out the lineup in fine fine form, and Andrea has to be the nicest ticket-wrangler ever :D. Thanks to everyone for a great evening and so many years of good music!
jpmagg3

Chillicothe Saturday Night

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:12 am

John, you are right it was terrific as we made it to Saturday night's show at OU-C. I got to visit with so many old friends, many I hadn't seen in over 30 years, but that wasn't the best part of the evening.

The best part was Craig, Mike, Rick, Donnie, George Ed, John David, Andrea, Coffey, Rick, (got to meet Mike's Mom and give her a hug and kiss) and most importantly, the music!

As best I can remember this was the set list.

Tears
Kansas City Southern
Country Song
Early Morning Riser
Two Lane Highway
It's Not Love/I'll Change Your Flat Tire, Merle
Let Me Love You Tonight
Gettin' Over You
Pickin' to Beat the Devil
Misery Train
Willin'/Six Feet of Snow
Falling In and Out of Love/Amie
I'm Almost Ready

Also got to visit with JR before the show, so let's just see what the future brings.

Holly Miller, a little 12 year old from Waverly opened the show and dazzled the crowd with her amazing vocal talents and she's not too bad on the piano, mandolin and guitar either. Remember that name you will more than likely be seeing and hearing from this young lady again!

Thanks to all the Prairiedogs for making another wonderful, memorable homecoming evening!
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Postby Doug » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:04 pm

Well, what can I say? Two awesome shows, a free Harley to a lucky ticket holder (not me, dangit) and a great trip down memory lane with George Ed and John David on stage for the entirety of both shows. They blended in as if they had never been away. Add J.D.'s wife Andrea 's vocals and percussion and the special guests, and it was two splendid evenings to be a PPL fan. Ear and eye candy Jonalee White is a rising star, and Whoa, nelly you better remember that name Holly Miller as the Admiral says, she'll be riding the horse out of this one horse town of Waverly on her way to stardom, folks. She is GIFTED. A special shout out to classmate Paul Pollard for bringing the boys back to town and for doing great things with Toys for Tots and other charitable endeavors. Shame on the peeps that didn't make the show. With Mike enlightening us that the end may be sooner rather than later, and as he pointed out on stage last night, it took 24 years to get the latest PPL cd out, "Don't hold your breath for the next one". I'm just saying if anybody out there wants to see PPL live, best do it as soon as you get the chance. Craig's got an album in the can, tweaking it as he shops around for the best deal he can get. He's in no hurry, he'll probably keep singing as long as he can stand up and hold a guitar. With multiple avenues open to Craig, such as with Little Feat, etc, as well as PPL, I don't think we'll see Craig strum his last chord anytime soon. He could go solo and open up for acts like Feat, Poco, etc, as he has done, and he would do well for himself. But as for the League, only time and Mike knows for sure. So when the League comes to town, folks, best do what ever you have to do to get out and see them while you still have a chance. We thought it was over in '86, but Mike had the chutzpah to bring it back for one last ride. Here's hoping this ride goes on for awhile longer, but only the demand for PPL and Mike's willingness to keep carrying the torch is what's keeping it going for now. Thanks a million, Mike for showing that yes, you can go home again.
Doug

Postby LIDog » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:31 pm

Guys, thanks so much for telling about the show, and for the great pics in the memorabilia section!

I wonder if anybody got it on video? As I look at the photos, I sure wish I could have been there to see and hear George Ed Powell do Country Song!

I haven't seen PPL in a while, since they didn't get to Long Island this year. They must be playing really tight. I hope that Mike Reilly feels as well as he looks!

Here's to hoping that the rumors of the band's demise are greatly exaggerated!

LIDog
LIDog

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:07 pm

Doug:

I wonder if we have met as I played a few times with Paul Pollard back in the mid to late 70's when we I lived in Waverly. I did get to visit with him some Saturday night as well.

It really was another truly inspiring evening!

Mike
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Re: Chillicothe 10/17/09

Postby Doug » Sat Jan 02, 2016 10:23 pm

" and Whoa, nelly you better remember that name Holly Miller as the Admiral says, she'll be riding the horse out of this one horse town of Waverly on her way to stardom, folks. She is GIFTED."

Little did I know the plans God had in store for Holly Miller, AKA "Hollyn". She is now on tour with Toby Mac, having played Madison Square Garden, with The Forum in LA coming up. Her first single off her self-titled debut album has already hit #1 on Billboard (as shown in the pic). All I can say is she has been blessed, and Congratulations!

And Hee-Haw, Mike, yeah I remember you from "High" skool and parts unknown, lol. FB buddy! Don't think we ever jammed together, least not what I can remember of the 70's and 80's, lol. I plead the 5th on what I can't remember, lol.
Attachments
hollyn 1.jpg
hollyn 1.jpg (65.13 KiB) Viewed 2340 times
Doug

Return to Concert Reviews