Bustin Out Promo

Post all Pure Prairie League concert photos, old ads, ticket stubs, promo shots etc here.

Bustin Out Promo

Postby Hockeyedmart » Sat Sep 02, 2006 6:18 pm

Hey Tom, Just wanted to drop a quick line and I should have got a picture of it for you I just picked up via E-bay an old PPL record Promo sent to the Radio stations and may be a one of a kind or limited as its clealy 30 plus years! (Heck some of us are 40 plus) !!Anyway its a very cool Item that is a poster style that features the song list and 3 band members Criag Fuller George Powell and William Hinds with a big star in the right hand corner that says Featuring the New Hit Amie! ITs very cool and I was just wondering if the Prairie Dogs have seen these in the past The left corner has the cowboy pictured from the Bustin Out cover artwork. Anyway keep up your mighty-fine work with this website and heres hoping the band extends that tour till 2010 Ed [/b]
Hockeyedmart

Postby Tom » Mon Sep 04, 2006 7:24 pm

Hi Ed,

Yes, I agree, it's a great ad !

I also have an original of it. It will be part of a new scrapbook section on the site, so don't worry, everyone will get to see that and more.

The ad is a great timepiece, a story in itself, the re-release of Amie as a single in '75 with RCA pushing that and Bustin Out as PPL was striking gold with Two Lane Highway. A great time and amazing story.

We all hope PPL keeps rolling along, it's been another incredible chapter added to the legacy, some new faces that have brought the energy and expert musicianship that we have come to love and a few old faces, wait, let's make that familiar faces, that got the train rolling and kept it on track since '69. We'll have to wait and see how things shake out but I do believe the band members know where us prairiedogs stand on the issue !

All the best,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Photos, Memorabilia