Fred Fogwell 1947 - 2009

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Fred Fogwell 1947 - 2009

Postby prairiedog » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:30 pm

Fellow Prairiedogs;
I wanted to inform those who follow our website and the people that knew him that our good friend and former bandmate Fred Fogwell passed away this week in Cincinnati, Ohio. Fred played rhythm guitar and sang background with the band during the early '70s on several shows. Our association with Fred goes back into the '60s to the days of the Sacred Mushroom (Larry Goshorn's seminal rock band, pre-PPL) and subsequently Mushroom Jones. I remember Fred, myself and a very young Tim Goshorn (Larry's brother and also a PPL bandmate) rehearsing in the Goshorn's basement, harmonizing like CS&N and dreaming big dreams. George Powell remarked to me today that Fred was a major influence on his guitar stylings and smooth vocal presence. Fred will be fondly remembered and missed by us all. Fred, if you're watching us down here, say hello to Connor. We'll all be playing music together again one day. Rest in peace, old friend.
Mike Reilly
PrairieDog
prairiedog

RIP Fred!

Postby Vice Admiral Swiss Navy » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks Prairiedog, here is the Obitiuary from the funeral service provider.

http://www.tpwhite.com/index.php?P=12&F ... 009-275-01

Mike
Vice Admiral Swiss Navy

Re: Fred Fogwell 1947 - 2009

Postby clevelandsixtiesguy » Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:33 pm

I wanted to let PPL followers know that the house that Fred Fogwell built after his accident is finally for sale. It's a beautiful house on 18 acres in Georgetown, Ohio. Fred had the house custom-built in 1992 and sold the house in 2005, 4 years before he died. The current owners now have the property on the market. Here's a link to the property online. It's really beautiful inside with many unique features and surrounded by acres of wooded grounds and is located about 50 minutes from downtown Cincinnati.

http://www.stevencarder.com/Listing.asp ... 816&ot=213
clevelandsixtiesguy

Return to Pure Prairie League