Looking for Tom Sheridan .......

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Looking for Tom Sheridan .......

Postby spcwrg24 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 7:28 pm

Need his e-mail or address. Or tell him to e-mail Doug in Cincinnati.
Thanks, Doug Inman
spcwrg24

Postby Tom » Mon Mar 13, 2006 11:55 pm

Doug,

I just received this email from him, I guess he's been laying low for awhile.
" I'm sitting on McKenzie river, listening to All In Good Time."
Take it for what it's worth,
Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Re: Looking for Tom Sheridan .......

Postby bshfyr » Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:58 pm

I am looking for Tom Sheridan who put together a solo album of George Powell's called The Distances Between Freinds Before They Go, and how i can get a copy. George gave me his name.
Please contact Bush at bshfyr@yahoo.com
thank you vary much.
bshfyr

Postby Doug » Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:46 am

Say WHAT?!?!?! "a solo album of George Powell's called The Distances Between Friends Before They Go" ???? Hey Tom - what's up with this??? GE has a solo album out there somewhere that can possibly be acquired and drooled over? MORE INFORMATION PLEASE!!! I remember after the first Chillicothe Homecoming concert, my brother and I talked to GE and he said he was shopping a solo album around then. Could this be the one? Has GE released it on his own? Is there a website where it can be procured? Or is this project akin to "Not Made In China" and could be released whenever Craig gets a deal to his liking, and most likely is in a state of continuous tweaking and improving until such time as Craig is ready to roll it out to the public. Case in point would be Mark Farner (Former lead singer/songwriter/guitarist for Grand Funk Railroad) who also had a solo album which he was shopping around looking for a distribution deal. In his case, sure, everyone he approached was willing to cut a deal with him as long as he was willing to sign away the publishing rights to the songs. Well, that's about a third of the whole pie right there. That's why Reilly jokes around about how "Let Me Love You Tonight" put his kids thru kindergarten. He doesn't own the publishing. I don't know if Jeff Wilson owns a part of it, but whoever does is the one getting the money anytime another artist wants to cover the tune, etc. Of all the millions made off of Grand Funk's first seven consecutive platinum and gold albums, the boys in the band got peanuts for the songs they wrote and created, the record company and specifically their manager Terry Knight got the money, because Terry Knight owned (and his estate stiil does) the publishing rights to all the music. Farner gets residuals off the current sales of all the old albums (which isn't much) which is why he decided to release his solo album "For The People" on his own, available on his and other websites. Not getting that nationwide distribution deal in all the Walmarts and Targets across the land, but he gets the whole kit and kaboodle by releasing the album on his own and retaining the publishing. Perhaps this is what Craig will eventually do. I think we would all like to know more agout George Ed's project. Thanks, Tom for any light you can shed on the subject.
Doug

Postby bshfyr » Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:28 pm

bshfyr wrote:I am looking for Tom Sheridan who put together a solo album of George Powell's called The Distances Between Freinds Before They Go, and how i can get a copy. George gave me his name.
Please contact Bush at bshfyr@yahoo.com
thank you vary much.

Tom were you ever able to send me a copy of Georges solo c.d. that you made called The Distances Between Freinds Before They Go
Please let me know really have an itching lately of listening to George thanks for your time and please let me know if it is still possable to recieve or buy a copy....thank you vary much
Bush Mazur
bshfyr@yahoo.com
if so here is my address:
Bush Mazur
1218 Roselawn Rd
Pueblo Colorado 81006
bshfyr

Postby Tom » Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:49 pm

He's a very slippery SOB. Just ask Visa , Amex and the IRS. Oh, how hard they tried to get him many years ago, only to fail miserably. How dare they challenge me with their primitive skills ? Good luck, you will need it.

Tom Sheridan
Floral Park, NY
"I have seen the future of country music and it's name is Pure Prairie League."
Nostradamus 1555
Tom
Site Admin

Return to Pure Prairie League