NEW CD ALL IN GOOD TIME: MIGHTY FINE, MIGHTY FINE !

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Postby Tom » Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:48 pm

CollingsD2H , welcome to the board, you've got some good company here, guys like Jim who braved a 100 degree day in a non-airconditioned hall in Texas, our resident road warrior LJDJ who caught PPL 3 times last tour , I think, including a 10 hour round trip when he also got the new CD, LIDog who has devoted himself to posting the chords to every PPL song ever recorded, and many, many more.

Hey ZZ, I know a ton of people who came on board "the ol' PPL stagecoach" when you did, hey anytime is a good time. Yes, Fade Away was a terrific tune, Mike's vocals, the harmony , JD's superb steel. Another Spike tune which I thought really displayed his remarkable vocals was All The Way, it resonated pure country. Those other tunes were always real nice in concert. They were doing one which didn't hit the LP during that time called Just What The Doctor Ordered which I liked at first hearing. Glad you're enjoying the new stuff, it grows and grows, maybe you'll catch a show this year.

I still can't pick one tune and call it a favorite. As so many have stated, I find myself humming or singing a new one each day. Incredible stuff. Everyone is mentioning something different ! Now that's a tribute to the CD, for sure.

I'm with you guys as far as not getting all that excited about today's country, at least the stuff that gets played to death. I've heard it done much better 20- 30 years ago, by you know who among others. There are probably a ton of great musicians and bands out there who are not getting a chance. Hopefully the abilty to record your own stuff without a major label and the continued progress of satellite radio will help change this.

The songs you guys have mentioned cetainly have the abilty to do extremely well today. Getting the airplay to make that happen in today's scene is another story, finding someone open minded enough, someone with a true passion to flat out push this on a major network or station without looking for something big in return is yet another hurdle.

jpmagg, of course I remember those 45's, I loved those little yellow or whatever color pieces of plastic we'd put in the middle of them before putting them of the "Hi-Fi." As far as a B side to your A side of Walking In My Sleep ? Hmm. I have a few but they also could just as easily be the A side as could anything on the CD. But for your pick I'll go with a little contrast, figuring it gives more of a glimpse of the band. I'll put I Sure Do Miss You Now with it.

Let's keep the ol' stagecoach running,

Tom
Tom
Site Admin

Postby LIDog » Sat Jan 28, 2006 6:40 pm

Yes, now you too can learn to play the Pure Prairie League way! Just follow these 4 easy steps:

1. Go to home page and click on "store"
2. Order many copies of "All in Good Time" for you and your friends (or in my case, friend)
3. Get your guitar, piano or kazoo
4. Go to "musician's corner" and begin

You'll be glad you did!
LIDog

The waiting was the hardest part

Postby bassman » Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:29 pm

"All in Good Time" arrived today and what I've heard so far is great. Now this is what country music should be.
bassman

Love it!!!

Postby Dania » Wed May 31, 2006 4:42 pm

I'm addicted to 2. I Sure Do Miss You Now

Love it!
- DDM
Dania

Re: Love it!!!

Postby getbent » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:27 pm

Dania wrote:I'm addicted to 2. I Sure Do Miss You Now

Love it!

Me too! I played it about 50 times today!
I have not intention of leaving the freak era
getbent

Previous

Return to Pure Prairie League