PPL VAN UPDATE - PHOTOGRAPH FOUND!

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

PPL VAN UPDATE - PHOTOGRAPH FOUND!

Postby Doug » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:20 pm

PPL VAN.jpg
PPL VAN.jpg (31.22 KiB) Viewed 737 times
Here is the link to the "PPL Alumni Tribute Group"' where the pic has been posted. The van belonged to Bobby Allen of West Carrolton, Ohio, a suburb of Dayton. https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... ater&ifg=1 . Its a bit blurry, I have asked Bobby if he has any more pics, and the history of the van. Thank you Bobby Allen for an awesome piece of PPL folklore!

Here is Bobby's reply to me in its entirety:

" I don't mind if you share it. Is there another PPL site that I can join to follow.
I sold it quite a few years ago. I lived in Miamisburg,Ohio when I bought it new at Stengers Ford for about$12,000. They had around at least a dozen new custom painted Vans but I bought that one FAST.
It was painted by Purcell Bros in Indiana
With 11 Coats of Laquer it literally looked like glass over the paint job but I waxed it almost every weekend anyway. Lol
I will check for more pics of it. I have searched on Google allot to try and find.
I used to get pulled over allot by people wanting to take pictures of it. "
Doug

Re: PPL VAN UPDATE - PHOTOGRAPH FOUND!

Postby JR » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:52 pm

I was visiting family graves at Greenlawn Cemetery in Chillicothe, Ohio about 30 years ago and saw this van at the cemetery. I've wondered about it ever since and am glad to see that I wasn't hallucinating.
JR

Return to Pure Prairie League