Good Morning Prairiedogs.

Fan Forum for Pure Prairie League

Good Morning Prairiedogs.

Postby veetel » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 am

I have been replacing my vinyl catalog of PPLrecords with CDs. Just picked up If the Show Fits off Amazon. Happy as a puppy with two peters. To genuflect, this was the first album of PPL I bought back in the ought seventies. I was always fond of the Goshorn era of this band. So inspired by "the Lizard" that I bought a Gibson L6 guitar. Played it nite and day. One day, my brother was in the basement when the strap got loose and the neck of the guitar impacted the concrete of the basement floor with disastrous results. He was horrified. Accidents happen. It was the only Gibson I ever owned. I have a Fender Strat and a Fender Tele as well as numerous 6 and 12 string A/E guitars. My first acoustic 6 string was a cheapo Epiphone recently returned from a master luthier who straightened the neck and made it playable again. My mother (RIP) bought it for me in 1975 and I've had it ever since. It's been around the world with me.

Mom passed a few years ago. I took her to the Montana State Fair where PPL was performing. This was during the Vince Gill / Jeff Wilson era. They rocked! Mom and I danced right there in front of the stage. PPL opened with Don't Keep Me Hanging while Vince and Jeff were duelling on stage and trading licks like there was no tomorrow. I've never seen mom happier 'cept the time my sister and I played a living room acoustic show at a house party.

Last time I saw PPL was Rhythym Room in Phoenix in 2010. Nothing better than sitting on the bar, drinking beers, watching my best good favorite band play. I traded guitar picks with Curtis Wright after. Mine was the Lost Luggage Band pick. Thank you Curtis.
Keep your powder dry and your eyes on the horizon.
veetel

Return to Pure Prairie League